For sensitive souls, this simple and stripped-back formula naturally cares for sensitive skin.
With no essential oils, our Natural & Naked Pet Shampoo Bar is ideal for any pet, including those with sensitive skin or prone to allergies, puppies and cats who can be more susceptible to essential oils. Containing calendula oil, and a base of shea butter and coconut, sunflower, castor and sweet almond oils, it is highly moisturising and nourishing for flake-free, healthy skin.
What are the natural active ingredients in Natural & Naked?
Formulated specifically for sensitive skin with no essential oils, this bar simply contains calendula oil as the main active ingredient. Well known for its soothing properties, calendula supports coat growth, hydrates dry and damaged skin, and maintains normal skin cell turnover.
What are the benefits of a shampoo bar over liquid shampoos?
Bars offer some unique advantages compared to traditional liquid shampoos, making them the perfect partners for bath time:
- Using the bar to massage your dog`s skin can help to stimulate circulation, supporting healthy skin and coat
- Better for the environment with less packaging that is also 100% recyclable
- Ideal for travel - small and easy to pack with no risk of leaks!
- Long-lasting - can provide more washes than a bottle of liquid shampoo (when cared for properly)
In some circumstances, liquid shampoos definitely still have their place to keep your pet squeaky clean and our lovely range of natural liquid shampoos means that there is something for everyone
Why Dorwest pet shampoo bars?
Our nourishing pet shampoo bar range is handmade in Wales using 100% natural ingredients. Free from artificial colours and fragrances, parabens, SLS, silicone, mineral oil, petroleum and PEGs - you can be sure that you`re washing your dog with nothing but natural goodness.
Specially formulated to support optimal skin and coat health, all the bars have a nourishing base blend of coconut oil, shea butter, sunflower oil, castor oil, and sweet almond oil. Naturally conditioning and moisturising, this combination helps reduce the need for a separate conditioner.
Each bar is formulated to create a creamy lather to help effortlessly clean the coat and lift dirt, but also to be easy rinse with no residue left behind. There are three bars to choose from – Fox & Flea, Natural & Naked or Skin & Serene , and they are all suitable for every coat type. So, whether your four-legged friend is a mucky pup or sensitive-skinned, long, short, wire or smooth-coated, they can be pampered by nature.
How do I use a shampoo bar for best effects?
To help you get the most out of your dog shampoo bar we have a few top tips...
- Brushing your dog before washing (particularly long-coated breeds) makes it easier for the shampoo to get through and cleanse the entire coat.
- Wet the shampoo bar and your dog`s coat.
- Massage the bar through the coat until you have a good lather (this can take longer in hard water areas), then place the shampoo bar to the side and continue to massage the skin and coat for a deep clean.
- Rinse the coat thoroughly to ensure all the shampoo has been washed out – this is generally easy with our shampoo bars as they have great rinsability!
- Ater use, pop your bar on a soap dish or rack so it can fully dry (gaps to allow airflow help speed this up)
- Once dry, you can put your bar back in the box, ready for the next bath time!
Remember - fully drying your bar is important to reduce tackiness - if your shampoo bar does become tacky a quick rinse before use can help
Remember - there can be a transition period when you stop using artificial ingredients on the coat. This can take longer in hard-water areas so rinsing the coat thoroughly after shampooing and brushing the coat through when dry can be beneficial to make the transition smoother.
Ingredients: Coconut oil, shea butter, olive oil, sunflower oil, castor oil, sweet almond oil, calendula oil
Administration: Instructions: Wet coat thoroughly with warm water, apply shampoo by massaging bar over the whole body, creating a rich, creamy lather. Rinse and avoid eye contact. For external use only. If irritation occurs, discontinue use.
Can be used during pregnancy?: Yes
Can be used during lactation?: Yes
Interactions: Can be used with other medications or supplements
Suitable from: 8 weeks
Always read the label